Martín Miguel Fernandez is a DC native running for Ward 2 Councilmember to fight for a more equitable DC
As a staunch progressive and an expert in science and technology policy, Martín is ready to offer innovative ideas and strong leadership on social justice as a DC Councilmember. Martín is also a fixture in the DC creative scene, and will fight for the needs of the service industry and local businesses.
Here are some of Martín’s priorities:
- Financial relief for businesses affected by COVID19 closures in the form of rent/mortgage cancellation, no-payback grants, and honoring Business Interruption Insurance
- Defund MPD and redistribute budget to other initiatives, such as housing programs, local business aid, and employment services
- Preserve and expand low and middle income housing via rent control, supplement and assistance programs, government purchasing authority and inclusionary zoning reforms
- Investing in DC’s arts and technology communities and infrastructure through the creation of dedicated agencies and grant programs
- Support initiatives to create safer biking and pedestrian infrastructure throughout Ward 2 and the rest of the city, and subsidize access to public transportation
Vote Independent Martín Miguel Fernandez on November 3rd for progressive Ward 2 leadership.